The Expressive Arts Certificate Program
The Expressive Arts Certificate Program is for anyone who wants to open their creative source and use the arts to enhance their life, heal past wounds and create a new vision for the future. For those individuals who hold a Master's degree or above in a related field, you are eligible to apply to become a Registered Expressive Arts Therapist (R.E.A.T.) through the International Expressive Art Therapy Association (I.E.A.T.A.).
This certificate program is a 8 month course (128 hours) meeting one weekend per month. Each month there will be home work to do, to keep your creativity flowing. At the end of this training, you will have a comprehensive understanding about how the arts are used for healing with a variety of populations in multiple settings. For licensed individuals (MFT, PhD, LCSW, or LVN) this training will also allow you to become registered as a REAT through the IEATA.
For those individuals who hold a Master's degree or above in a related field, you are eligible to apply to become a Registered Expressive Arts Therapist (R.E.A.T.) through the International Expressive Art Therapy Association (I.E.A.T.A.).
The following courses are designed to give you a full training and experience in the use of expressive arts therapy for healing and transformation. These courses can be taken by licenses therapist who want to incorporate these techniques into their work with their clients, or they can be used for ANYONE who wants to learn to use the arts in a variety of other venues such as, schools, hospitals, group homes and recovery programs, or simply for your OWN PERSONAL GROWTH. These courses can be taken together for a full certificate, or may be taken independently for personal growth.
During the weekends you will learn how to use Expressive Arts with:
-Adults, aging and special populations
-Children and adolescent populations
-In a school setting
-In an private setting
-In hospitals, nursing homes and clinics
-In recovery programs
- Introduction to E.A.T.S. Multi-Model Approach
- Intro to the Visual Arts.
- Visual Arts and Expressive Arts with Child/Adolescents
- Visual Arts and Expressive Arts with Adult & Aging Populations
- Expressive Arts with Special populations
- Music Therapy as a Multi-Modal Expressive Arts Approach
- Music Therapy / Art Therapy / Creative Writing
- Musical Instrument Exploration and Drumming for Health andWellbeing
- Music, Movement and Art as a Therapeutic Approach for Groups and Individuals
- Dance Movement Therapy as a Multi-Modal Approach
- The Body Remembers ~ Body Mapping
- Movement, Music & Art Therapy for Transformation
- Mask making, Ritual & Performance
- Art, & Open Studio Technique & Creative Writing
- Telling your Story ~ The Hero’s Journey _ Mask Making
- Fairytale, Myth and Creative Writing
- Archetypes ~ What Archetypes are you Living
- Creative Writing, Music & Art as a Multii-Modal Intervention
- Mandala Movement Musicand Intuitive Painting Process
- Symbols of Transformation ~ The Symbolic Language ART
- MARI Mandala Assessment Research Inventory
- Student Final Presentation Project
- Each student will plan, organize and facilitate an Expressive Arts Group activity for the class, and receive feedback.
- Discussion / Q&A / Closure